Friday 28 October 2011

September: Dum Dum Girls - Bedroom Eyes

"I fear that I'll never sleep again."

This month's choice was a tough call. Lana Del Rey finally released July's rotm and her debut release turned out to be a double A-side, backed with new song 'Blue Jeans'. It will almost certainly end up as my record of the year and in any other month Blue Jeans would have taken the sotm prize on its own.

But having already given lead track 'Video Games' the nod in July - and with the release of the new Dum Dum Girls album 'Only in Dreams', I can't look past the brilliant 'Bedroom Eyes'. It's the kind of indie-girl pop that I'm a total sucker for (and which has been sadly missing since Elastica downed tools).

Pretenders-styled girl guitar bands will usually get my attention. Hot Pretenders-styled guitar bands with great tunes will steal my heart and my money.

No comments:

Post a Comment